Thankful today...for Chad. I know that sounds a little cheesy but really I am so very blessed by this man. He makes this crazy life so much fun. At the end of the day when we are all 4 home together he is the peace in the craziness.
2001 God blessed me by my sweet roommate at Wayland trying to fix me up. I wasn't all that interested in finding a boyfriend at the time. A group of us had gone bowling and Chad showed up late because he had been at a meeting at the church (some things never change). He came into the bowling ally and just sat and hung out with us. We laughed and laughed and he was so easy to be around. So, I agreed to a date with him the next weekend. We went and I joke that our first day was at Long John Silvers because we stopped there on our way to Lubbock. But, he later took me out to eat and to a movie that night. And the rest is history. I fell in love with him as I was watching him love on students and ministering to a group of kids that come from all different parts of life.
That summer I worked in Clovis for my Aunt and Uncle and Chad would visit me on the weekends. Or I would come to Lockney to see him. But, sometimes during the week he would show up at Granny's house! He always brought roses or a flower or something. I mentioned that because once we got married and I found out how much roses cost I said...ummmm no more! LOL.
Chad and I married on October 26th! Right in the middle or harvest. The busiest time of year around this part of the world. But, it was a beautiful day. My friends and family were all there to share in the special day and that means so much to me still to this day. So many traveled from Plainview, Lockney, and Deer Park! So fun. Chad and I spent our honeymoon in Cloudcroft NM one of my favorite places still. I love to go to Mountains!
Chad and I welcomed sweet Kalebh and 4 years later sweet KK. It is amazing to watch the man that you fell in love with love on your sweet babies. He is so patient and loving with the kids. He makes it a point to not miss an event of theirs and he always cheers them on. We have learned that parenting is the hardest job we will ever hold but Chad does it with such grace.
We have been married for 14 years....what?!?!?! Seems like yesterday he walked into Granny's house and she welcomed him with "hey you are tall can you change this light bulb" lol..such sweet memories. Granny loved Chad! Granny knew that Chad loved the Lord and she respected a good discussion about God's word with Chad.
Chad,
I thank God for you. I am so thankful that he made you for me. I am so thankful for the memories we have made and the many more we will make. You are so clam and laid back, you are so much fun to be around and I love the way I can come in all worked up over something and you just sit and listen and then if advice is needed you give it with such calmness. I'm thankful that you love the Lord and put him first in your life and our families lives. You are an amazing inspiration to many people around you. I love you!
Father,
Thank you for your amazing love. Thank you for sharing Chad with me as we live to make a life that glorifies you. Thank you for the parents that raised Chad to love you and love others. God, you are so faithful and I pray that even know you are molding the ones you have picked out for our sweet Kalebh and Kaileigh. I pray that they will always look to you for guidance and love you with their whole hearts. God you are so faithful and giving to us...Thank you for that.
Amen!

No comments:
Post a Comment