Tonight...tonight is the last football game for Kalebh's Jr.High years! How in the world have we gotten from flag football to here? I feel like this shouldn't be happening but it is...and you know what? It is exciting. Kalebh is excited. We have sat in the stands his WHOLE life watching the high school teams play...we have cheered, traveled, fed and laughed with so many players and parents in Kalebh's 13 years that he is ready. Me...I'm not...But, I will be. I just want to take it all in. I know to some the end of Jr. High doesn't sound like that big of a deal...but, to me it is about to leave a chapter and start a new one...I ask myself...are we ready for the new chapter? Did we teach everything this chapter needed? Did we experience what was meant to be and did we make a difference or an impact where needed? I don't know the answers to those questions ...However, I have 25 more weeks of his 8th grade year to anser them. I can tell you this much. It has very little to do with Chad and I but Kalebh is a God fearing young man. He makes my heart swell when he comes in each day and says...Momma how was your day? Can I help with supper? Will you take me to go work pigs? All of those things make my just proud and here is why...
Momma how was your day? Shows he cares...he thinks about others and wants to make sure they are healthy and happy.
Can I help with supper (or other things he knows needs done) -- He doesn't do this daily but he does ask when he knows we have alot going on...I'm thankful that he thinks of things that need to be done...he gets this from his Daddy. Chad helps so much around the house and with the kids and meals and just whatever. I'm thankful Kalebh is growing into his daddy...looks and all :)
Working animals -- it is his passion...he loves it...but, he knows it comes with commitment and lots of hours and hard work. I am thankful we are a stockshow family. So many life lessons and we take each on head on. I am thankful that both our kids work hard and love their animals. We aren't a father feeding animals FFA family....we are a take responsibly and work hard and love your animals family.
To sum it up...My heart is sad that Kalebh is growing up so fast...but, really my heart is so so full that it is happening and I have a front row seat to it all. Kalebh loves life and he loves people and that stems from his love for Christ.
Kalebh,
I am so very proud of the person you are growing to be. I pray that the rest of this Jr. High chapter will be full of memories, simple things, laughs, and some lessons...God has blessed you with a love for people and though you don't say much at time you are always looking and listening for a way to help or be a support to others. I am thankful you look just like your Daddy...you know why? Because, my prayer is that you will be as wonderful as a father one day as he is to you and KK. Dad and I love you so very much. We couldn't be prouder of you. Thank you for loving us and allowing us to be front and center in all that you do. Tonight...at the game have fun, hit somebody...and don't get hurt!
I love you forever!
Mom
Mom


No comments:
Post a Comment